Welcome to Health Services
- improving and protecting the health status of children
- identification and assistance in the removal or modification of health-related barriers to
learning in individual children.
The major focus of school health services is the prevention of illness and disability, and the early detection and correction of health problems.
Notice to Parents and Guardians of 6th Grade Students with a Personal Beliefs Exemption
Under a new California law, vaccines required for school may no longer be excused due to personal beliefs, including religious beliefs. Personal beliefs exemptions that have already been filed for students in grades K (including transitional kindergarten) through 6th grade remain valid until the student reaches 7th grade.
To start 7th grade, 6th grade students with a personal beliefs exemption on file will need to provide documentation (shot record) to the school health office by June 16, 2016, that your child has received the following vaccines:
- 1 dose of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine (Two doses required if student is age 13 years or older at 7th grade advancement)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR).
- 3 doses of diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis vaccine (DTaP), including 1 dose of Tdap at 7 years of age or older.
- 4 doses of polio vaccine (3 doses OK if the last dose was given on or after the second birthday)
The vaccines needed for school entry are also doctor-recommended vaccines. Please contact your child’s doctor right away about these vaccines. Students entering 7th grade who do not meet the immunization requirements will not be able to attend school.
Please feel free to call the District Nurse, Genii Smart at (909)273-0488, or the school health office with any questions.