District News

Snow Make-up Day

May, 18, 2018. Will be our snow make-up day due to a snow day being called yesterday, Tuesday, February 27. Please mark your calendars and make sure your student attends school on May, 18, 2018. Thank you.

Congratulations Coach Griffiths!

BBHS Head Coach, Mr. Dave Griffiths, has been selected the Small Schools State Coach of the Year by Cal-Hi Sports. Click here to see more.

Congratulations to BBMS and BBHS Rube Goldberg Winners

Countywide Rube Goldberg Machine Contest

The Second Annual Countywide Rube Goldberg Machine Contest was held November 4, 2017 at the Pearce Sports Center in San Bernardino. Twenty-five teams from school districts throughout San Bernardino County participated in the event organized by the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools’ Alliance for Education/Student Events. Students collaborated as a team to create a complex machine designed to achieve a simple task. "How To Pour A Bowl Of Cereal” was this year's challenge. Teams were judged on creativity, teamwork, best use of ordinary components, the ability to make others laugh and other criteria.
Katy Olson coached both the middle school and the high school teams. In Division I, which included middle school teams, our Big Bear Middle School students (Big Bear Bots) took Third Place. In Division II, which included high school teams, our Big Bear High School students (Big Bear Bots) also took Third Place.


Attendance Matters icon

ATTENDING SCHOOL MATTERS! Your child’s attendance at school is important! Students who miss 10% or more of school are chronically absent. As a school district, we are working with parents, students, and teachers to learn more about families with challenges that may be preventing regular attendance. We are reaching out to parents/guardians of children who have poor attendance.

More than seven million students nationwide are chronically absent from school – missing so much school, for any reason, that they are academically at risk. Starting as early as preschool and kindergarten, chronic absence erodes students’ ability to learn and achieve in school. It increases the likelihood that children will be unable to read well by third grade, fail classes in middle school and drop out of high school. As parents/guardians, you play a major part in the solution to improving your child’s learning capacity by prioritizing school and encouraging attendance each and every day.

Show All News »